Sunday, May 27, 2007

Posers

So yesterday was one of my high school friends graduation party. Me and my other friend went at 1... sang 90's to early 2000's music the whole way up and had a pretty good time. Then we hung out with her family for a while. Then we hung out with her friends. Now here's the interesting part... we went to a "club". So we get there and there one of her friends is already there with another one of her friends and some black guy (one of the girls was Iranian and the other was Mexican).

So basically to make a long story short... it was a "white club"... and you know that when there is a white club there is always the trolling ass black guys looking for white chicks who are going to think they are special... the black chicks who are always dancing alone because they didn't know what kind of club they were walking into but they paid so they aren't leaving.* It is just so disturbing to me. There were about six very cute black girls (myself included) there and no one seemed to want to dance with us. And none of us minded, because I didn't want to dance with anyone there either BUT it is the principle. And the black dudes that were with some of my friends friends just seemed so freaking happy that they had them and Iranian and Mexican on their arm. It was just so damn ridiculous to me. Thinking they were just the ish... and they looked stupid. Like big ass POSERS... trying so hard.

And I am not a racist and it's not that I have a problem with interracial dating. If you happen to fall in love with a person outside of your race... that's fine. But when you specifically look for women outside of your race... that is when I start asking questions? What is the problem? Did you go to an all white school and they made you hate yourself so much that you steer clear of anything pertaining to your race? Did your mother beat you or something and made you hate all women of your kind? Do you for some reason think you are better than your race? I mean someone tell me what the problem is.

And once again, I am talking about people who strictly date other races because their race isn't "good enough". And I know the whole, "You are attracted to who you are attracted to" bullish

I also don't necessarily get how someone who is socially conscious be with someone who is not of ethnic decent (doesn't have to be the same ethnicity). I didn't say date, I mean long term. Because if you are socially conscious, I just don't understand how someone who has not experienced some of the same injustices can empathize and understand some of the things a person might me going through. I mean, if you aren't socially conscious, then that is a different story because you are comforted by the falsehood of equality but that is a whole different story.

There are just so many beautiful intelligent black women who are just being thrown to the curb because mainstream America does not tell people that we OK to be with. And this is not just to black men because if ya'll dumb asses don't want us, that is absolutely fine... it is just sad that the world has come to this. It's like they feel that no matter how smart and beautiful a black women are... they just aren't good enough. If I was still in undergraduate studies, I would write a paper on this.

*One of my friends told me that the most undesired demographic of people are black women and Asian men. Conversely, the most desired group is black men and white women. I wonder why exactly this is? I mean really.

No comments: