Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Got Canned Heat Ya'll

I think Canned Heat is one of the best dance songs made in the 2000's (how are you supposed to say that by the way? DO you say in the 00's??). And I don't mean the best dance song like you would dance in the club... but overall dance song. The beat and melody are so simple yet ridiculously addictive. I mean come on, Napolean Dynomite killed it to this song... it was good in the finale of "Center Stage"... Ryan from "So You Think You Can Dance"* did his best solo dance to this... and finally, Maksim and his brother and Karina and some other chick danced to it on, "Dancing with the Stars". This song worked with all of these seriously different genres (freestyle, ballet, modern, and some sort of freestyle Latin dance respectively).

But overall, the extended version just makes you want to get up and dance. It is impossible for me to hear this song and NOT start dancing to it. And that's what music is all about... making people feel something.

You know how doesn't have canned heat though? The Warriors. I don't understand what their issue is. Well actually I do.... they are too short and the judges cheated against them today. It was so obviously ridiculous to me that the judges wanted to cheat so blatantly as SOON as the warrior started to lead. I almost feel as though because they upset Dallas so badly, people just really want them to lose just to prove that their win was a fluke. All I am saying is don't cheat. Warriors need some canned heat though seriously right about now... maybe they can take some for Maksim and his brother.

This was totally random... but hey, I'm a random person so what do you want me to do?

*By the way.... "So You Think You Can Dance" comes back on MAY 24th! YAY!

No comments: