Friday, May 25, 2007

Riddims

It still amazes me how different all dancehall riddims are and yet the are so similar (in a good way). The all posses pretty much the same parts, there just switched around a bit. So the new ones for 2007 I like include....

- Heathen
- Drumline/Timeline
- Red Razor
- Gully Slime
- Nookie

Heathen especially has that beat pattern I like... kinda the same like the b'more club music. That same basic pa... pa... pa... pa... pa pa... pa etc. Just makes you wanna get on the floor and gyrate... in a classy way of course. LOL. Brings me back to good ole days of freshman year in the RITZ!!!! Yeah, it was a ghetto club*, but hey, they played the best dancehall in DC at that point.

* Ghetto meaning torn up couches, sticky floor, just kinda grimey. I suppose I coulda used the term "dive", but who uses dive in terms of clubs? I mean seriously. That term is for bars. So although I don't necessarily like the work ghetto.... it shall suffice in the situation as I cannot find an appropriate substitute.

No comments: