Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rick James=Better Than I Thought

You know, Rick James was really a good artist. The four songs they play repeatedly on the radio and the songs that people know him for really aren't good compared to all of the other songs he has made. I really don't like, "Mary Jane" or "Give It To Me" very much, so initially, I was under the assumption that I didn't like Rick... but he has got some good songs. And what's even more... he could actually kinda sing. And the instrumentals at the end of his songs were kinda hot too. This goes for so many artisits though. I used to think I didn't like Marvin Gaye because, "Let's Get It On" and "Sexunal* Healing" just don't do it for me either.

The same goes for Earth, Wind, and Fire. I have been a fan of thiers since I was about 3 years old. I remember dancing to "Fantasy" while my mom was vaccuuming when I was itty bitty. But they play the SAME four songs of theirs on the radio... and never breach out to some of their best songs. "Sun Goddess" is the best song just for the record.

Conclusion: Mainstream radio music sucks.

* I spelled this "Sexunal" because I don't want some pervert ending up here because he was looking for some special healing if you know what I mean.

No comments: