Thursday, May 17, 2007

Site Addiction

People say it all the time and it is so true. People who blog in one way or another are attention whores. Seriously people. And I realized this about myself a couple of days ago when I signed up with Google Analytics. Some people want outward attention, others just want a sense of validation. The later is me to some extent. I just want to know that other people are reading what I write. I write it for me... but then again, I write it for other people or else I wouldn't have made this public for everyone to see. Back to Google Analytics.

I just wanted to see WHERE people where people lived who were coming to my blog. But now, it is kinda becoming an obsession. OH! Let's see who read my blog today. WHAT? My reader count today is down 20... that is not hot! Why do I get 75 percent newcomers and only 25 percent repeat visitors? Why if so many people visit my blog does no one comment.
I was at work thinking about these questions. Having such a cool way to see how your blog is doing and having nothing to do at work is not a good combination at all.

Secondly... I feel like I need to admit something. A couple of summers ago, I was addicted to two website. Here it comes... The Knot and The Nest. No, I was not planning a wedding or planning family life, I was just on the message boards for the DRAMA. I didn't have a username thus, I couldn't comment, but everyday after track practice I would go on both these sites and read through the posts. It was so interesting to me to see how other people saw life and how other people lived. It had been over a year since I had been on either of these websites and just for the heck of it, I went on both of them yesterday, just to see if they'd changed. The Knot's website looked the same, and the message board was updated a bit. The Nest was completly redone message board wise and was kinda overwhelming at first. But one thing that stayed the same... the people. First of all, there were still some of the same people on there that were on there over a year ago. It's like dang... I know the constant bickering is funny for a while, but doesn't it get old at say... year 3? And the same kind of people were on there too. I

No comments: