Thursday, May 03, 2007

Don't Hate, Just Look and Appreciate. Thanks

Yeah, so one of my track coaches was telling the graduating seniors last year how we were going to be hated on by everyone at our grad school/jobs in the next year. Why? He said because of the track body. I was like, "Whatever, it isn't even that serious" and kinda ignored it, but I am finally starting to get this reaction from people. It's really sad actually. It's almost like people are so insecure with how they look, they have to always say something about someone else. People are always going around commenting on my body in one way or another. The remarks range anywhere from "You have a really cute shape" to "You need to eat". The comments closer to the first one, I don't really mind, but the second comment is just so wrong on many levels. First of all, I am 134 and 5'5.... which is like a GREAT ratio. I don't need to eat, the problem is is that YOUR ASS needs to STOP eating. I am sorry your BMI sucks, but there is no need to hate on my because of it. And sometimes, it's not even the comments, it's what's NOT said. I'm starting to notice people staring at me. And they are never looking at my face, there are always looking at my middle sections. Last comment, so today, this lady was like, "I have to eat steamed broccoli and cauliflower everyday at lunch so I can look like you. You're ridiculous". I wasn't offended by this comment, but it was the comment that sparked this post. It's almost like it is unnatural for people to be in shape anymore and I really don't understand why.

And another thing that bothers me, people act like I didn't work for what I have. I worked out 6 days a week and twice on 4 of those 6 days. It took a lot of sacrifice, so don't act like I am just so lucky that I look this way.

This is just coming up for me because at work, I wear "real people" clothes and I am not always in sweats and stuff so people can see the shape. When I go to law school, it's back to tee shirt and shorts for me... this attracts too much attention. And no I am not being cocky because anyone who knows me knows that I am on the opposite end of that spectrum.

2 comments:

Don't Be Silent DC said...

These people do that because they cannot thrive without some drama or conflict. They have to put others down to make themselves feel good. Keep on taking care of yourself like you have been, and don't let those jealous fools get you down.

Jumping said...

Thanks for the positive words. And why do all of the black South Park characters look like that? I did one and mine turned out like that too!