Tuesday, May 08, 2007

American Idol: 5/8

Now, tonight wasn't that bad for me... maybe because I really like the Bee Gee music. The judges were absolutely off tonight for me. I really liked Melinda, mainly because that is one of my favorite Bee Gee songs. She sang that second song too... I don't care what anybody. She is simply the best singer there. Always on pitch. So what are they saying she needs to throw away the technique and wow her? Paula is on something serious. Blake's performance was kinda uncalled for... the beatboxing was out of place for me. Although I do like the song. I did like the music to the second song. But his singing was horrible! And what was up with that transition in the middle? Im just trying to figure. And I swear he forgot the lyrics for a minute. I really liked LaKisha.... it was different dang! Give her a break. I'm worried about her though with that second song. Again, I didn't like Jordin.... The judges are really getting on my nerves because it is obvious who they want to win. I mean, she has a nice voice, I will give her that... but it is NOT all that they make it out to be. Yes, they said Blake is not going to win... it is between LaKisha, Melinda, and Jordin. So why can she change up the style but LaKisha can't... it's just ridiculous. They know that she will sell more records than probably Melinda and LaKisha combined NOT because she is better because she simply isn't... but she is more sellable to middle white America which is who this is targeted to. And this isn't a race thing... it just is what it is. And I am not trying to take anything away from her... BUT I really don't think that she is all that they make her out to be. It's OK for her to sing in the same style... but it's not OK for Melinda... WHATEVER. I am so sick of this.

Conclusion: Blake is staying... Melinda or LaKisha. They always get rid of the best person at this stage...THIS SHOW IS SOOOO FRIGGIN RIGGED. Oh, she's surely gone... my mom keeps calling to vote and she keeps getting though....GAAA DAWG.

No comments: