Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Biter Ass Biters

Let me preface this by saying I am from the Bay Area... so I do indeed know what Hyphy music is made of and blah blah.

But anyway... hyphy started out as this purly Bay Area creation... with it's own beats and everything. But over the past months, I have noticed this trend. OK actually, I shouldn't attribute this to the hyphy movement... I changed my mind. This is going on the radio stations out here. A lot of times when they mix songs... the put in beats that sound like baltimore club beats. Anyone who knows baltimore club music knows that they all have different beats, BUT there is that one sterotypical beat that one thinks of when one thinks of baltimore club music, such as this or this. That boom, boom, boom, boom boom. LOL. Classic.

I was really excited when I heard this beat and started getting it with my seat in the car... but then I was like WAIT. Not hot. I mean, it's OK to take ideas from other people... but it's like... your extra late on that. Thanks so much.

No comments: