Saturday, January 06, 2007

Night At the Museum

I must mention... at the ending credits, Dick Van Dyke was getting it when he was dancing. Mickey Rooney and Bill Cobbs were OK... but Dick Van Dyke was GETTING IT. The guy is 81 years old and was dancing so fluidly it was ridiculous. That's how I want to be when I get 81. No, that's how I want to be when I am fifty.

Anyway, I am not exactly sure why, but I am a hugh Ben Stiller fan. So much so that I think I have seen every movie he has done since, "Heavyweights". I know his style of comedy is a bit repetitious, but it is funny to me nonetheless. Anyhoo, it was a good movie overall... although I don't really think it was a kids movie (who it was intended for). For most of the funniest parts, none of the kids laughed, it was only the adults.

The only bad thing about the movie to me was that it was a bit historically inaccurate. Everyone knows that in the times of the building of the pyramids and such, the Egyptians were "closer to" Africans than to Middle Easterns. Yes yes, I am well aware that Egypt is in Africa, thus, ipso facto, Egyptians were Africans, but that is not the context that I am using it in. Egyptians had darker skin at that period of time.. basically. Anyway, they made an Egyptian prince looked like he was straight out of Persia... which really bothered me... but whatever.

Overall, a pretty good movie.

No comments: