Saturday, January 20, 2007

Obama v.Clinton

First off, to CNN, I know Obama and Osama are very similar in spelling, but really? Mistake the two. Not the hottest move to ever make.

Second, so... it looks as though it will be Sens. Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton and John Edwards in it for the Democratic primary in 2008 (thank goodness... it came around faster than expected), who is likely to win. Actually, we need to take John Edwards out of the picture and focus on Obama and Clinton.

The answer to this question is simple. Who does white America, specifically "This is our country" white people (that hickish song by John Mellencamp that they played during every commercial during ever football game this season) hate more NOW, women or black people. Now, being that I fall into both of these demographics, I believe that I can comment on this. Out of the two, I believe Hilary would win, cuz come on, a black man running the United States of America would create so much havoc it isn't even funny. Yes, I believe that a women running the USA would create some issues, but I am pretty sure that the KKK and all kinds of backwood militia like those on the first episode of Dave Chappelle would not be coming out of the woodwork like they would if a black man won the presendcy.

We also have to look at his name. Barack Hussein Obama???!!! Is there any more of an ethnic name than that? I mean really. It just spells different, and Americans have a strong distaste for different. First, the name sounds Muslim... and Americans are STILL having some strong emotions toward Muslims. In addition, Obama sounds like Osama... even CNN made that mistake. Adding fuel to the fire, his middle name is Hussein!!!! LOL. Could it get anymore ironic. I mean really. Aside from sounding Muslim, it just sounds foreign, and I don't believe that some people would like for a "foreigner" to be running their country.

Onto the black thing. When I was writing this, I got to the part about him being Muslim and realized that he IS indeed half white. The fact that I forgot this signals to me that it will be very easy for others to forget that he is part white, and some probably don't even know. It's not like this guy is just straight NEGRO, but I don't think that will make a difference.

As for Hilary, I don't know how that would go over either though. Any little "mistake" she makes or if even the smallest thing goes wrong if she was in office would cause uproar too. Men would think that women can't do the job and blah blah blah.

Any change in the "status quo", how American has lived for centuries, is going to bring about some massive upheavals and issues beyond belief... soooooo.....

Edwards will win.

No comments: