Thursday, January 11, 2007

Four Hands?

Man, I am on a roll today. My arm and head were hurting so I took a Tylenol PM and I am soooo sleepy, but it is also like I can't go to sleep right now.

So I am listening to Keiko Matsui and Bob James', "Altair and Vega". "Altair and Vega" is done using four hand piano which is an interesting style. It's crazy to hear two pianists of that quality doing a beautiful pieces like this and KNOWING that they are using the same piano, at the same time. This effect can be achieved through special effects and things of that nature, but knowing that these two are playing this together at the same time is something special.

The piano is not a big instrument (well it is, but not when two people are using it), so it is amazing that they are producing this piece. The way they are melding together is absolutely amazing.

No comments: