Thursday, January 11, 2007

Buddy

Just thinking, but I am pretty sure that anyone can fall in love with anyone. Seriously. I figure since you can pretty much become friends with anyone... even someone who you usually wouldn't be friends with... why couldn't you do the same with love?

This came to mind because my co-worker left last Friday and I was soooo hurt. It isn't even funny. We work in the same department and were pretty much around each other from 10-5 from M-F for six months. We developed this friendship and it was actually pretty strong. And not the kind of friendship that I have with EC, but a good solid buddy buddy type relationship. This may not seem like anything, but the guy is a chubby Filipino guy. When I was in K-8, my best friends were Asian girls, but since then, I haven't really developed a close relationship with one, even my Sophomore year roommate and I had a cordial type existence and nothing more. And I have never had any friends that were Asian GUYS.

But the point is, that I became really good friends with this guy and I was really sad to see him go. I never thought that I would be able to have any kind of relationship with an Asian dude (but are Filipino's really Asian... I mean really. lol) , but I have been more than proven wrong. Which brings be to my subsequent point... then shouldn't any person be able to fall in love with any other random person? I figure since I used to be very selective in who I became friends with...and I became good friends with this dude, then anything is possible right?
----------------------------------------
And on topic with the title of the post, what is up with Musiq Soulchild making all of these songs about being friends and buddies and platonic relationships that really aren't platonic. I mean, does that get it? He must have used that line back in the day when it was actualy believable. Do females really respond to line of junk now? And why can't he just admit what he wants, trying to hide behind that buddy facade... it's just horrible.. be real with your life Musiq.

I will admit however, that I do like the song... maybe it is the beat... it kinda sounds like the, "Summertime" beat.

No comments: