Monday, January 08, 2007

The Promise Ring Song?

Is Justin Timberlake's, "My Love" a song about asking someone to be their girlfriend, or asking someone to marry him, or about giving someone a promise ring? I know this song has been out for a good minute, but I was sitting in traffic today and actually listened to the lyrics for the first time instead of just the music. To me, it seems as though he is talking about all three. First I get him saying what he imagines him and this girl doing. OK, to me, the stuff he is talking about, holding hands and walks on the beach, all that seems like you would do that before you get married. So I assumed that he was talking about asking someone to be his girlfriend. Then he goes on to say, "This ring here represents my heart"???? WTF?

I think Justin Timberlake has gone back and channeled his Mickey Mouse Club days and is asking some chick to be his girlfriend by giving her a promise ring. LOL. Greatness.

No comments: