Sunday, January 28, 2007

R Kelly

You know, I am not quite sure how to feel about R. Kelly. Actually, I am sure, but I feel like I should feel guilty or something. I am not going to lie. R. Kelly is one crazy mother freaker, however I still like his music. R Kelly has something that few people have. He has the ability to make any song that he is on a hot song.

First example, "Make it Rain" by Fat Joe and Lil Wayne. I did not like this song until I went to DC and heard a mix with him on it. Since Cali is so extra slow, I had not heard it yet. But I really like it. He takes a messed up phrase like, "I make it rain on them hoes" and turns it into something catchy that you want to say.

Second example, "Promise" by Ciara. R Kelly saves this song. I refused to listen to this song... but once again, I heard this remix in DC and I love it.

Conclusion, songs suck without R Kelly.

-------
Update 1/30: I was just listening to, "Make It Rain" remix and came upon another conclusion. It is not a good thing when a remix of a song sounds like 10 times better. Fat Joe's verse is SOOOOO whatever. I don't know if I am being biased because I don't even like Fat Joe, but it is so true. Even this new person's (I can't remember his name) verse is hotter than Fat Joe.

No comments: