Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ideas v. Reality

I personally think ideas of things are better than reality, or in most cases. Sometimes, you can build a picture in your mind of something but when you are confronted with the reality of it, it is not as good as you imagined it to be. This goes for people especially. But you know, it doesn't take away from what the person is, it just kinda sucks when you build someone up to be something and then they are sooo not that thing.

Onto better news, I just got back from DC and I had sooo much fun. I visited four schools; loved two and really disliked two others. I went by myself and it was an experience that I needed. I walked every where and Metroed like a pro. It was great. I learned that I can be self-sufficient. I also learned that I need to grow up a bit, which relates to the first paragraph. Being in CA under my parents has really stifled me in regards to my personal growth. That is why I applied to no California law schools because as much as I love them, the only way for me to grow is to be out from under them.

All and all, it was a great trip except for the last day. LOL. I learned a lot about myself and what I need to work on and actually it has helped my relationship with my boyfriend to because I sorted out some personal mind issues. Which is always a good thing. I wasn't ready to come home, but at some time the dream stops and we wake up.

No comments: