Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Way You Move

MAN! I didn't think it possible... but the cover version of Outkast's "The Way You Move" is quite possibly hotter than the original. Kenny G and Earth Wind and Fire just blew this song up in the best possible way. And I can't believe I heard it for the first time today when it came out in 2005. What is up with that?

And Kenny G. actually sounds rather good in this song. I usually don't like his style... as a matter of fact, I could say that I hate it. It is just to lovey-dovey la la la with no soul. Saxophone to me should have soul at all times. It is just a must. Kenny G. just be looking like he never tips the sax up... just never. But on this song, he got the soul part and everything. And Maurice White's part at the end was nice... didn't so much like Philip Bailey's part. His voice just can't do what it used to... but Maurice's can.

Anyway, if you like Smooth Jazz or "The Way You Move", check it out.

No comments: