Monday, June 11, 2007

Keiko Matsui

is the best pianist ever (sorry Philippe Saisse, your title has been recended... you now get 2nd place). Before I listened to her Wildflower CD, Philippe Saisse was in first and she was in second, but this CD is just amazing to listen to. There are so many levels of feeling in her pieces...i mean layers upon layers. The songs are the kind where you can listen to a song 5 different times and concentrate on 5 different elements and get 5 different feelings. My favorite songs are Flashback, Eldest of All, Facing Up, and Reflections.



I was listening to Eldest ofAll today and if vaugly reminds me of the culmination of excitement in an epic Movie when someone is victorious and is standing ontop of a mountain top. Just strong emotion. I just got chills eating my Burger King.



But seriously though.... she has 10 plus albums and all have a different feel but still manage to keep that Keiko Matsui vibe. She's just freaking great.

No comments: