Monday, October 29, 2007

My ENTIRE life isnt about music

Although it might seem that way looking at my recent posts. I've been studying more and more, and I am one of those weird people who HAVE to study with music or I cannot focus. I have been in the library, realized I forgot my headphones and home and had to leave...it just would not have been a productive time. Rhapsody is a great thing my friends.

The point of this is, I found another musician to fawn over...Rick Kelly aka Soul Ballet. Man...the stuff is good. It actually reminds me of a couple of Philippe Saisse's albums (Halfway til Dawn and Masques). I GUESS we can call it more pop jazz, but it has elements of electronica mixed in with genuine jazz beats and stuff...it's just greatness.

Those music channels on Comcast/Time Warner Cable are freaking great, they give you such an array of music even within one genre. If I do study at home, that channel is an absolute must.

Why does old school jazz make me think of a fall/winter night in a big city (namely San Francisco, DC, or New York)...like just straight class? Everytime I hear some, I start thinking about 5 star restaurants and hotels and nice clothes and dancing (yeah actual dancing, not gyrations lol). I loves it...if you ever need to be taken on a journey, I suggest you put on some of the old school jazz.

No comments: