Friday, October 26, 2007

Copious Amounts of Swag

What exactly is swagger? Urban dictionary defines swagger as, "how one presents oneself to the world. An appearance of self confidence". I'm inclined to agree with this definition with one caveat. You can think you have swagger and soooo not have it. Just because you are self confident does NOT mean that you have swag. I mean honestly.

It really bothers me when people are like, "I have all the swag in the world" and blah blah blah. No son, you don't. I promise. Swag to me is when you are confident and there is NO NEED TO BRAG ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU ARE. When you know what's up and everyone else does as well. It is an unspoken truth. Just because you think you are cute (this goes for men and women) does not mean that you have swag... you just seem arrogant (especially if you think you are cute and you really aren't).

For instance, there is this dude in my class...not my section, but my class of 450 who has sooo much swag it is ridiculous. I wouldn't even be ordinarily attracted to him, like if I saw him in a club I wouldn't give him a second glance. BUT BUT, there is just something about him that exudes confidence, I mean it almost oozes out of his pores and that is sooo attractive. It's not even like he is cocky with it because he isn't. But it is something...oh my gracious. It's kinda like the Denzel Washington thing...I'm not sure he is even all that attractive but the swag factor takes him to crazy places man.... woooeee.

But the point of this post was just to express that having a lot of self confidence to the point where you are on your jock a bit too hard IS NOT SWAG. It just makes you look stuck up, egotistical, and semi stupid for trying to portray yourself in that manner. Thanks in advance.

No comments: