Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gratuitous Displays of Affection

I am not or have I ever been nor will I ever be one for Displays of Affection. Yes, most people don't like to see other people straight making out in public, but I have issues even deeper than that. I absolutely HATE hugging people. The only people I hug on the regular are my mom, dad, and my boyfriend. Is that weird?

It seems today that the hugging on greeting is starting to equal a handshake...like its customary or something. I really don't like having to tell people that I don't like to hug, because it makes it seem like there is something wrong with me. I don't think there is anything wrong with me, I just only hug when I mean it. Like, I'm not going to hug you and I don't even really like you....it's soooo awkward for me. And it makes me seems socially awkward if I'm in a group of people and everyone is taking turns hugging and I'm just standing there waiting until it is over because everyone knows I don't do that.

It's a little better with dudes, but I still am mad uncomfortable with it...unless it's that sideways hug around the waist kinda thing. But I really don't like straight on hugging people....so uncomfy man. Totally uncomfy.

And it's weird, I don't have a problem shaking hands and I'm not totally OCD about the germage issue either. I just believe that the hug has become just so trivial today, just commonplace. It's really not even special anymore.

I don't know what made me think of that, but... that's how I feel... I obviously needed to vent. Vent over.

No comments: