Thursday, February 22, 2007

Why You Talk Like That (Sic)?

This is sooooo random, but I cannot stand when people are typing a text message or an AIM message or even an email and they shorten words. I just can't stand that. Contractions are one thing, they don't bother me because in this post alone, I have already used two.... but when people shorten words that really don't need to be shortened... NOT COOL.

For instance.... when people type "kno" for "know"??? I mean dude, come on now, you only needed to type a "w" for that word to be complete. Now I know that was not that difficult, you know? That is definitely the one shortened word that irritates me.

Or when people are typing an AIM message and they type like they are on a cell phone. Lemme back up, on old school cell phones, not like Smartphones or sidekicks, but where there are three letters per button and you have to cycle through the letters, it is kinda acceptable for word shortening. BUT ON AIM? Come on that's just silly. Type the word out dude. It's not cute.

OOOOO, I have another one, what about people who try to use accents that really aren't theirs. Yes, sometimes if a person is in a certain situation long enough, they acquire different accents, but I can't stand when people talk one way in one situation and then another in a different situation. Sometimes, that is necessary, like if you are going on an interview or something of that nature, but ooo. I hate when people put on fake accents... ahhh. I know you grew in up CA... why are you trying to talk like you are from the south and you've never even been there or know anyone from there except for the people on TV?

Oh yeah, I can't stand when people overuse (sic). We know that you really don't talk like that and that you are mocking someone, it is not necessary to use it everytime you mock someone. In news paper articles, OK, but not in everyday writting.

PS... Jim Carrey said that he is very romantic... after he is intimate with a woman... he gets up and gets her a wet cloth. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Great.

No comments: