Wednesday, February 28, 2007

American Idol: 2/27

Sooooo.... here we go... my take on the men's round..

AJ Tabaldo: I actually think he was pretty good. He started off kinda harsh, but once he did that little spin turn, he came into his own. He has cute dance moves and a nice smile. He's staying.

Blake Lewis: So, I loved this one. Probably my favorite. Or is it because he sang one of my favorite songs of 1997... Virtual Insanity! I liked that little part he did in the middle with the beatboxing and scatting... very nice. Although he wasn't the best singer to me, he was the best performer... hands down. He's staying.

Brandon Rogers: Maybe I just like black men, but no matter how bad he did, I still want him to stay... but he is probably going home. Yes, he has a very strong and soulful voice, but he sang "Time After Time". I know it was dedication week, but come on guy! Are you serious, why would you sing that in the second week. You can't make an impact with that! He's going home.

Chris Richardson: OK. Honestly, the first time I heard it, I did not like it. To me, he just talks with a little bit of melody... much like Ciara or Janet Jackson or someone like that. He did some Jason Mraz song and it sounded awful to me, but the judges liked it and the crowd liked it. I think it was because much like Blake, he performed the song better than any of the others. But I really don't think he can sing... much in the same way that I don't think Justin Timberlake can sing, but whatever. He's staying.

Chris Sligh: Yeah, I don't like him so much now. At the beginning, he was my favorite. Maybe because in the auditions he sang that Seal song and in my opinion killed it in a good way. His voice is good, but he bores me. Yes, I understand that he has a different style, but he bores me. I think people will like his curly mop, so he is staying.

Jared Cotter: Uh, I don't really know what to feel about this guy. His eyebrows bother me immensely, they are just tooo big, and the sad thing is, it looks like he has tried to shape them too!lol. Back to his singing. I don't too much like him, maybe it is the way he always looks in the camera. His voice is cool.. but it's blah to me. Honestly, I don't even remember what he sang. But the little white girls will think he's cute so he's staying.

Nicholas Pedro: I don't even remember him from last week, but this week. I liked him, hey, I even remember what he sang! He did "Fever" justice with his smoky voice. I liked him a lot. BUT like Simon said, "I think we have a CharisMER issue here". I don't know if a lot of people are going to vote for him.

Phil Stacey: Yeah, I don't too much like him either, although I can say he has really pretty eyes. As for his singing, he has a good voice, and he is a performer, but I just don't like him. He's staying though.

Sanjaya Malakar: DUDE, I felt so sorry for this guy. He did so bad, I felt embarrassed for him man. I could tell when he walked his little thin frame out there that it just was not going to go well. Yeah, his outfit with the had was nice, but that's about it. He was so quite, I couldn't even hear him. It didn't even sound like he was singing. He has no presence whatsoever. Yes he is young, but that is really no excuse man. He should be going home, but I think the little white girls are going to vote for him, not because they think he's cute, but because they can relate to him.

Sundance Head: Sundance got it last night man. Yeah, I remembered him from last week and the auditions, BUT in a bad way. Yesterday was like someone completely different. He was getting it! He's staying.

Man, and why are there no cute guys this year? That hurts my feelings. MAYBE Chris Richardson, but it's not like I would tune in just for him (like the dudes on I Love New York)

Conclusion: Guys were much better than last week, but the girls still don't have anything to worry about.


No comments: