Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Secret Shame

I have no idea why, and this is not something new, this started in about 7th grade, but I have a secret. A deep dark secret, perhaps a very surprising secret. Here goes...

I am sort of a fan of... dance/club/techno music, aka, "gay man club music" (how very politically incorrect that statement is, but that is the only thing that I can say to get the point across). I don't know how this started, actually I think I know... I went to a pretty much all white elementary/middle school and this stuff was big then. Like Ace of Base and stuff... just big... and for some reason I have not been able to leave it alone.

All Time Favorite list (in no particular order):

- Ace of Base, Beautiful Life
- Modjo, Lady
- Ultra Nate, Free
- Amber, Sexual
- La Bouche, Be My Lover
- George Michael- Fastlove (This doesn't really fall into that category, but the way the beat falls kinda makes me think it does)

---------------------------
Totally unrelated, but possibly one of the best song ever.... and I mean this... I just get happy whenever I hear this song... hotness. lol. Mark Morrison's "Return of the Mack". The long piano intro and outro still gives me chills when I hear it, see I am listening to it now and almost tearing up. Whatever you wanna say, this is a classic. I love his accent, and the smooth beat behind it. This was it in like 7th grade! I can remember singing it in the car on the way to school and stuff. Good times. Why am I so nostalgic lately?

No comments: