Saturday, February 24, 2007

Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko (2001), no matter how dark it is, is a pretty good movie. I had never seen it before today, but I really like it. The kinda alternate universe type thing going on... it really makes you think. And the whole existentialism part of it, that he was forced to do all of these things to make life and time right. Plus, even though he hasn't been in that many movies, Jake Gyllenhaal is a really good actor. And for some reason, his extreme funny looking-ness kinda makes him a little attractive... weird I know. I also saw Brokeback Mountain (2005) for the first time a couple of days ago, well actually, I didn't see the tent scenes, but I saw the rest after the cowboy dance he went to with Anne Hathaway and I must say it was a pretty good movie too. And he was good in The Good Girl (2001) too, kinda the same dark person, but it was good.

By the way, that bunny suit thing was mad scary... I didn't like it... those teeth man!

This movie also introduced me to the song, "Head Over Heels" by Tears for Fears which was featured in a school yard montage in the movie. Apparently, this is like a classic scene in the movie... see for yourself.

2 comments:

K said...

I have seen Donnie Darko listed on you tube 100 times and I can't bring myself to watch it. A horror bunny movie. Is it as cheesy as I am thinking?

Jumping said...

Oh no, it is much more than that. It's not so much a horror movie either. I actually had the same notions about it, but I was home sick and it was the only thing on. It really makes you think though, mostly about life paths and human emotions and thinking. The bunny was actually secondary. I recommend it to thinkers. lol.