Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tim Hardaway.... You Too?????

OK, so what is the issue with these publicly homophobic black men? I mean seriously. What is the deal. It is not cute, and for some reason, I think they think it is somewhat cute.

First, we had Isaiah Washington aka Dr. Preston Burke calling TR Knight aka Dr. George O'Malley a faggot in rehearsals for "Grey's Anatomy". Yeah, OK whatever, he didn't do this in public or say that he hated gay people. But wait!! There's more! At the GOLDEN GLOBES, with hella people watching, he decides to say that he didn't call dude a faggot, and if I am not wrong, I think he had the award in hand while he said it. LOL.

Now, Tim Hardaway wants to come out and say that he hates gay people. I mean hate? Why did he have to say hate? And then he goes on to say that if there was a gay person on his team, he would ask that he be removed. Seriously, for what? What purpose is that going to serve? Does he think he is going to contract AIDS or something? Does he think the gay man is going to be looking at his little pee pee while he is showering? I mean what? Just straight up dumb.

Admittedly, my first year of high school, I was a bit uncomfortable with the gay people in my class, but that was because I had never met any gay people before. I was 14... NOT 41, I still had a lot of learning a maturing to do to be able to understand what it really was and wasn't.

I still just don't understand why black MEN of all people tend to be the most homophobic. Seriously, I know it is and old horse that has been beaten time and time again... but if you know how you're ancestors we're persecuted for everything little they did, why would you think it is OK to do it to someone else? I mean seriously. Or even if you felt that way, why would you say it in public? Gosh, the ignorance and gall of some of these people just is beyond me. Actually, I believe the Isaiah Washington issue was a bit different.... he just slipped up, but the Tim Hardaway one is completely beyond me....

No comments: