Sunday, December 30, 2007

In a Falsetto Oh Oh Oh!

Yes, so this random guy, The-Dream (don't forget the hyphen) has done something that very few people have done. He has made a mainstream R&B song that involves singing. I mean this is a never for me. But I must admit, I enjoy falsetto... mainly because of that crazy guitar solo that a lot of radio stations cut out, very Prince of him (which proves to me radio stations dont know ish about music, eff that "we need to cut it down for time ish", cut something else out).

Now this will not be a post praising this random dude named The-Dream for a couple of reasons. #1, he made, "Shawty is a 10". WTF? This guy is not a teenager so Imma need him no to come up with that mess. Seriously, I was awful. I've never heard that song all the way through, I turn that ish as soon as I hear that awful beat. #2, he made, "Umbrella" and "Bed" which all sound oddly like "Falsetto". I mean to the naked eye they sound different, but they use a lot of the same melodies and lines... but most notably, the, "eh eh eh eh"(Umbrella) "bed bed bed bed" (Bed) and "oh! oh! oh!" (Falsetto). Imma need him to be a bit more creative. And it would be different if each of those weren't integral to the song, but the are.

Just saying... but over all, yes. I enjoy Falsetto.

NOTE: I have had a rediculous amounts of hits with the key word, "what is a falsetto". For those who don't know, a falsetto is a singing technique that produces sounds that are pitched higher than the normal range, in the treble range.

No comments: