Saturday, December 08, 2007

30 Years to Life

I vaguely remember back in the day when "The Wood" and "The Best Man" came out, people were saying they were weren't representative of the African American community. WTF? Have you never heard of Buppies. I mean come on son. As everyone knows, I love LMN, and they actually played a black movie today, "30 years to life". This is definitely one of my favorite movies, mainly because it shows well to do non-ignorant black people. Not every black movie has to be those semi minstrel movies like, Soul Plane and ish.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about "30 Years to Life". This is a great movie for a couple of reason. #1, as said before, they showed well to do black people. One was a lawyer, one was trying to make partner at a business firm, they were just doing it up. #2, I think it is an accurate depiction of black friends in their mid to late 20's. Granted, I am still in my early twenties, however, being in grad school, most of my friends (outside of law school) are in their mid to late twenties. The relationships are real, the struggles are real. In addition, I think it addresses issues that young black professionals deal with.

Freaking great movie man...

No comments: