Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolution/Why I Love My Boyfriend v.3

This is not a New Year's resolution because those are silly. Why are you going to make resolutions to do good things just because it is New Years? Most of the people don't even keep their New Years resolutions anyway. So this is simply a resolution that just happens to kinda coincide with the new year.

I want to be the best possible girlfriend/partner that I can possibly be. I admit, there have been times when I have given too much and other times that I have given way too little. There have been things that I have done that I am not proud of (no, I haven't physically cheated or anything of the like) that I don't want to ever do again (fine, looking for a mental connection elsewhere, hey its not as bad as it seemed, the person was 3000 miles away, I just like to talk). I spent the last three days with my boyfriend. I hadn't seen him since November. It's really hard at times to be away from him for so long, but I actually think it has done a world of good for both of us. We both appreciated each other when we were in the same city, but regardless... you don't know what you have until you no longer have it.

Long story short, after 4 years of being together, I think we are finally 100 percent appreciating each other. We no doubt loved each other, but I think when you are that young, there is a lot of selfishness that is involved in everything you do, even relationships. As you get older (unless you are a naturally selfish person) that kinda fades away. I am no able to see him as the person he IS, whereas before, I could only see him as the person he was not. I love him for the person he is right now and the person he is becoming. It really is a beautiful thing.

And last but not least, I will add another installment of Why I Love My Boyfriend:

3. He's resilient; in our relationship and especially in life. He is never willing to give up
2. He loves his family
1. He's not afraid of his emotions and what he feels

No comments: