Friday, November 17, 2006

Where has music/music vidoes gone..

Soooooo... I haven't watched videos in at least a year. I mean seriously. And the only reason they are on now is because I was watching Real World/Road Rules Challenge last night and it was left on MTV so when I turned to the TV on... the videos were on....

First, Justin Timberlake's, "My Love" just confused me. Aside from the fact that the lyrics are incredibly juvenille once you actually listen to them. I mean really, is he asking a girl to be his girlfriend or his wife... I mean seriously. I don't get it. Back to the video. I think I like the concept... but it wasn't played out very well. And to be honest, I liked the fact that he had white girl back up dancers. To me that added something, I don't know, maybe it's because you don't see it that often. But he lost me with the vignettes with him and a girl's ass in is face, yet she's in the background... and the same with TI. I just didn't make sense. And then the camera angle at the end when he was dancing by himself made me dizzy.

Second, Akon's "Smack That"... makes no sense whatsoever. SO that guy.... I forgot his name comes up and is like, "I'mma get yout out of here for 24 hours to help me". So where do they decide to go... a strip club. And this chicks look absolutly gross... I mean, they look sweaty and like they smell and they are just way to jiggly. Tone that mess up, I mean really.

Third, Jay-Z, now I like that video. It's not doing to much... maybe I just like it because I like the song. It's nice and not doing extra much. Jay-Z comes through again for me. Even Danica is in the video. And the chicks in the video are tastefull. Yeah, some were in swimming suits, but it was in the context of the video, I would even wear those. Side note: Even Beyonce looked good, and from me that's saying a lot because usually, she is a bit to jiggly for me, but she was toned ad everything. He has been "in the game" for a while and has matured over time... I mean seriously, I think people like Puffy, no P.Diddy, no Diddy want to act like they are maturing and that they are more than hip-hop, but it just seems so fake to me with "Diddy".

OK, the videos have now gone off and now "Pacey" is on some show on MTV that I have never heard of.

No comments: