Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Alma de Vita

So, I just downloaded a couple of songs from Paolo Rustichelli and I must say that he has a very unique style. He is classified as both Jazz and New Age (both of my favorites), but he also has a little bit of a Italian operatic voice. It's really wierd actually, but I like it. I think I likes him because his style is kinda like Philippe Saisse's... it's not something that you hear everyday on the radio. My favorite songs are Paisa (Mystic Man), Neopagan (Neopagan), Alma de Vita (Neopagan), and Sol (Neopagan). His music is really earthy, and it makes you feel good and in a way spiritual... not in the same way that gospel music or Christmas music might make you feel spiritual... but close to nature like. It's wierd.. I mean, just look at the few titles right there. Paisa means brother, Neopaganism is a religion that is kinda tied in with the earth, Sol is sun, Alma de Vita is kinda soul to life.

The only kind of disturbing thing about the music is he sings some of the vocals and his voice is really gruffy and somewhat operatic. It kinda disrupts the flow of the music sometimes, but it still is good.

Overall rate... 3 out of 5

No comments: