Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Yeah, so I'm a little late on this, but here goes...

So why did I just find out that people in DC couldn't vote. I mean seriously... I just had no idea. Yes, yes. I was a political science major and yes yes, I did take a class on Congress, and I have voted before, but it NEVER occured to me, that they don't get to vote. This new found knowledge has brought up some serious concerns that are not knew to anyone, however they are new to me so I will write about them.

First, that means that if I move to the DC metro area, I am probably going have to live in MD or VA because how are you going to tell me that I can't vote and I live in the United States... I mean come on now. Second, DC people shouldn't get taxed... they don't have any representation, THUS, they shouldn't get taxed. I mean seriously, I guess the American colonists words were in vain... no one learned from them.

Also, DC is majorly democratic... yet they have NO congressional voting rights... I mean WTF. Seriously, this is not OK. At least let them vote in MD or VA... particularly counties like Anne Arundel and Allegheny... PG doesnt really need it.

NOT COOL GUY....NOT COOL

No comments: