Friday, January 25, 2008

Cuz honey's wanna give me the butt...what?

You know I think "How's It Goin Down" by DMX is supposed to be a love song. I really do. When this classic came out in 1998, I was a spry little freshman in high school and really had no idea what this song was supposed to mean except that this dude was cheating on her dude with DMX (yeah i got that much from the video). Anyway, I really liked the beat.

So I listened to it today and actually listened to the lyrics and I think DMX is trying to be vulnerable in this song. BUT the way he does it is a little odd. My favorite odd "professing my love to you" lyric from the song is (im paraphrasing) "how's it going down...is you with me or what?... Cuz honey's wanna give me the butt, wha". LOL is this not comedy though? Basically like, I wanna be with you chick, so you need to let me know what's good cuz the chicks in the street are trying to give me the butt and I can't keep saying no".

Hi-larious son.

No comments: