Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm In Love With A Bumble Bee

....this is a lyrics from Erykah Badu's new single Honey. She can come up with some of the wierdiest lyrics that somehow in the greater scheme of it all make sense. I really am not sure how she does it, but I appreciate it.

I also find it amazing how, she does not have the best singing voice in my opinion, but there is something else that she brings that will make a hit everytime. While her voice isn't a singers voice, it has a unique quality to it that I love. And is She has those nasty basslines, I think that's what gets it for me. When you listen to her songs, most of the times you find yourself bobing your head up and down with the stank face on cuz the beat is so hot.

I think it is amazing how after 11 years, she is still coming up with good stuff. So anyway, I cannot WAIT until this CD comes out. Extra excitable.

No comments: