Sunday, November 04, 2007

What I Don't Like About You...Texas

So, basically in the four months that I have been in Texas, I have not felt the need to complain about anything...until this week. I don't know, maybe it is because I am homes sick and am counting the days until I can go back to Cali (16 days to be exact) or maybe it is because it is no longer new to me and I am seeing it for what it is...eh.. who knows. Anyway, here come the complaints.

#1: Why do I feel like everywhere I go, and almost every person(black) person I talk to do I feel like I am being judged because I don't go to church? This was not a big deal in California, at all. If you went to church you went, and if you didn't, you didn't. End of story. But here I feel like people chastise you and seriously judge you if you don't go to church. Just because I don't go to church does not mean that I am an atheist or even agnostic (not that there is anythign wrong with that either)...the only thing it means is that I don't go to church. One of my friends was like really adamant about it too, he was like, "I just really want you to come to church with me"...like it hurt him that I don't go... I just don't understand. I'm a bedside baptist...it is the way that I deal with things...please do not judge me. Everyone shows their faith differently. Understand and accept that, how bout it?

#2: Why can I not get decent chinese food here? I mean it is Mexicanized or something, I can't even explain it really. I suppose growing up in the Bay Area has spoiled me but come ON! And I thought Maryland chinese food was lacking...OH WAIT, there's more. Why can I not get a decent Italian food meal here either? I mean, there is a problem when you have to go to Red Lobster or Dave and Busters to get a decent pasta dish. AND WAIT, there is even more. Why did I go to Dairy Queen a couple of weeks ago and I couldnt even finish it because the smell of grease made me sick to my stomach. Please also tell me why my house smelled like grease for 3 days... no BS.That being said... they can tear up some queso down here though. Case in point... food here (sans Mexican food) is seriously lacking.

No comments: