Sunday, November 11, 2007

Here Comes Another

MAN! I am sorry, I must do it again. I must. I was trying to limit my posts about music...but when I am studying so much, there is no possible way I can do this. So, when I am studying, I like listening to Jazz. It depends on what type of studying. Deep studying, I listen to strictly instrumental jazz that has a sort of film-score like quality. Songs that are usually, upwards of 6 plus minutes without too much excitement. For daily reading, I listen to pop-jazz (I hate that name, but it is what it is) and sort of old school jazz.

Today, I am in deep study mode as I have to prepare for my second paper I am going to get tomorrow for Con Law. So who am I listening to? I am listening to my favorite pianist...Keiko Matsui. I mean seriously, it used to be a tie between Philippe Saisse and Keiko Matsui for my favorite pianist, but lets be real, there is no contest. I can't even describe here music. There is just so much on so many different levels.

Like I said in another post, music is so much more than just playing your instrument. It is all about the production. Maybe I should be giving props to her ex-husband, Kazu Matsui who produces all of her music. Anyway, so far I have sat here and listened to 4 CD's straight through and I have gotten something different from each of them. It is crazy. Most artists can and only stick to one genre, but not Keiko. She is the definition of experimentation and I LOVE IT.

So far, my favorite CD is definitly Dream Walk because it is possibly her most haunting CD. I love the slow, drawn out melodies with the kind of synth-y backgrounds, it is just absolutely beautify. Second favorite would have to be Wildflower because that one has a lot of film-score like songs on it that just take you in... definitely the most dramatic of the albums.

Man....... good stuff man.

No comments: