Saturday, November 03, 2007

Ew

Is it just me or do Sean Paul and Sean Kingston have the same amount of talent...which would be absolutly none? I'm just saying. All they do is take a hot riddim and go over it. They have no talent in and of themselves... no inherent talent whatsoever. I mean they really bring nothing original to a song, but because they are both kinda bubblegum-ish they do well in the states. I think people in the states just really like these two because they are soooo watered down, BUT the beats they go over are hot. It's the produceres that need the recognition, NOT them.

I guess I just get irritated becasue they take a hot riddim and ride it and the people who KILLED the riddim kinda get no recognition in mainstream American radio (which is another reason mainstream radio is the devil). Seriously, listen to ANY song that Sean Paul has done and listen to that same riddim he used done by Sizzla or Tanya Stephens OR EVEN Ce'cile or Elephant Man.

And see, I can't even say anything about Beenie Man, yeah he gets a lot more play in America than a lot of other dancehall/reggae artists, BUT he actually has talent. He doesn't just ride a riddim... he does something with it.

Point of this post, I was listening to the radio, and they were playing Sean Kingston's 2nd single and Im just like... this dude has no talent. It's just because he sounds very different... he has that cool accent... but duuuuuude you have no talent, with that bubblegum sound. Just because you are Buju Banton's nephew doesnt mean you need to try as well.

Vent over.

No comments: