Monday, March 05, 2007

Tyra, I Am NOT Impressed

First, is Tyra Banks trying to be the next Oprah? I mean seriously though, with the TV show and everything. Yes, Oprah is a giving person blah blah blah... but she is also quite possibly the most self-obsessed person I've seen in a while. Yes Yes, people might say that she gives selflessly and all this junk, but there is no way that someone can say that Oprah is not full of herself. And how did I get on Oprah, this was supposed to be on Tyra. Anyway, the point of even mentioning Oprah was to compare how they act. Tyra is starting to get really full of herself. As said on VH1's, Best Week Ever, to celebrate black history month, Tyra did a recreation of her very first "Sport's Illustrated" cover. WTF??? Are you serious? And she is always talking about herself man, it is not even cool.

And then on the first episode of ANTM cycle 8 (dang, that's a lot of cycle's huh), she did this weird kinda stepping routing at the beginning and it was really just weird man. But the title of the post refers to the girls (and yes I can say girls because the oldest contestant is 24) she picked. They look like every other girl that's walking on the street. There is no one that screams gorgeous to me... There are no YaYa's or no even Joanie's... they are all just so plain. Here is my two cents:

Dionne: Not really impressed by here... she looks like chicks that went to my high school. Doesn't seem to be too personable either.
Brittany: She looks like she is from some country in the former Soviet Union... very strong features... I don't think she's cute, but I think others may.
Whitney: One of the two plus sized models and by far my favorite. She is cute... not necessarily pretty, but she seems to have a good personality and is comfortable with her body. I want her to win, but she's not.
Renee: She needs to be gone now. She complains too much, I mean seriously. She does have pretty eyes, I will give her that, but still, she is plain.
Felicia: I am not feeling her, mainly because I feel she is straight up and down video chick. You can be pretty and not look slutty/trashy and to me, she carries herself both slutty AND trashy.
Jaslene: OK, when I first went on the ANTM8 website, I was convinced she was a transgendered person. And that is no joke. She has EXTREMELY strong features, but I predict they are going to say she looks too hard and eliminate her early. OK, I know she's a girl NOW.
Natasha: I do not like her at all, not her personality or her look... once again, she looks a bit too hard for me.
Cassandra: As the oldest, she seems like the most mature, which makes me like her. I don't think she has enough personality and will soon go. Although I think she has an interesting look, but she will have to position herself right, because her nose is a bit large.
Diana: The other plus sized model. I actually like her. She has an interesting look, but moreover, she seems comfortable in her body.
Jael: I can't decide if I like her or not. In fact, she reminds me a bit of Jade from ANTM6 in looks and kinda in personality. I think I like her though.
Samantha: BORING. Don't even have anything to say, except her chin bothers me.
Sarah: BORING. I don't care about your photography.

No comments: