Monday, March 12, 2007

Um, You're A Loser.... Thanks

You know, I was just watching MTV (there is nothing on TV, cut me some slack... gaa) and at the end of every show, they play like a 60 second clip of a video. Now, I just saw this one video... I don't know what the title of it is, but it is the song that goes, "through some d's on it". Wait, I believe that is the title of the song. So the clip that I saw was dude standing in a crowded intersection (I think) rapping about how he just bought a Cadillac and he was now ready to put some "d's" on them. By the way, I think d's are rims, never heard this word before, but the kept showing rims, so I am going to assume that d's are rims. Anyway, I've digressed... the video was just ridiculous... so dude is rapping in this crowded intersection with cars driving around them and chicks on the roof and all that junk.

So HERE is the part that confused me... during the video, dude is singing and then they are showing like montage clips of I guess people where he is from or whatever. There was this one scrawny dude with no shirt on and he was just staring into the camera like he was proud and junk. And when I say scrawny, I don't mean emaciated looking, I mean like dude thought he was swole but he just really wasn't. And then they kept shooting all of these houses that looked just tore down and everything. And people were in front of them with all of these expensive cars. I mean WTF??? Be Real with your life guy, be real. You are living in squalor like conditions yet you have a car that probably could buy you a house. I mean it is absolutely ridiculous. Just like hella proud! Standing in front of these houses that looked like shacks with 100,000 worth of car on the lawn. Give me a GD break. Now, there is nothing wrong with a video that shows the conditions of poverty such as that, "Po' Folks" video that showed the typical life of a rural Mississippian (I believe). Nothing wrong with that because they don't have the means to do better and the video was showing that part of life to people that don't usually come in contact with that sort of thing. But that video... just made no damn sense.

Conclusion: Take your D's off your car and throw some of that obviously D money on your GD house, how about that.

No comments: