Sunday, December 10, 2006

Glossary

This is going to be an ongoing post. I know I have my own kind of language, and I am actually quite fond of it. I have been making up words and languages ever since I first layed my eyes on, "Clueless" (1995). It did wonders for my mental vocabulary creativity....

Be Real: a command to be realistic about a certain situation. circa 2002 (MD). Are you serious right now? Let's be real with our lives.

Not even a little bit(?): Usually used in response to a quick shut down. circa 2003 (Dave Chappelle). P1: Um, you need to stop. P2: Really? Not even a little bit???

Uh, yeah...no: a rejection of a premise by alluding to the fact that you may agree, then quickly turning around and rejecting it. circa 2001.

How bout no: a quick rejection of a premise. circa 2003

Not really: a quick rejection of a premise. circa 2000

Or Not: circa 2004

I'm sayin though: circa 2002

Not cool: circa 2004 (Geico Caveman Commercials)

Maybe you should do a little research... circa 2006 (Geico Caveman Commericals)

Not haute: circa 2004 (Paris Hilton/Nicole Richie)

Extra haute: circa 2004 (Paris Hilton/Nicole Richie)

Trickadocious: circa 2006 (my sister)

Beezie: circa 2005 (CAL track)

All get out: circa 2003 (MD Gyals)

Not the business: circa 2006 (CAL track)

Durr: Duh....

So: Can be used in any and all circumstances

Mode: The way someone is acting. ie. He's on trip mode. She's on hyper mode.

Is that how it's done:

Dude:

Doable:

Fyah:

Update 12/26: I tried to finish it, but I really just cant

No comments: