Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Thoughts On This Misery Known As Law School

So....I am starting to have second thoughts again about law school. Yes, this always happens when I am about a week away from having to return to Austin. So, I am thinking, is this really for me? I am coming to realize that life is not a dress rehersal and you only get one chance. Do I really want to spend my life miserable? No I do not. I feel if I work in law, I probably will be miserable. Well, I don't know about mid size firm life, but big law, yeah I will be miserable.

BUT, if I am poor, then I will be miserable too. It's like, how do I find the balance? I am so confused right now. I mean, just like everyone, I want to be able to be able to deal with work without becoming a souless bastard AND I still want to be able to have me time and do what I want.

That not taking vacation until year 5 thing in big firms is simply not going to work for me. There has got to be some kind of life balance for me.

I wish there was some kind of viable option for me to do that does NOT involve the practice of law. I would really love to become a sports agent or doing something in real estate that doesnt really involve law. I don't know.

Maybe I am just freaking out again... who the bleep knows.

No comments: