Tuesday, November 04, 2008

November 4, 2008

I wish there were only words to describe how I feel right about now. But there just arent. I am not going to try to talk in flowery or beautiful language. Imma just say what I feel...

I don't think that I have ever been so anxious about something that was not family related in my lifetime. The whole day I have felt sick. Sick to my stomach. While I was volunteering at RSS, my stomach would not stop bubbling. I drove 80 miles an hour on the freeway to watch Obama give his acceptance speech. I am absolutely exhausted right now. There are just so many emotions that I feel right now.

During Obama's speech, I felt fear... I saw the bulletproof glass and realized this is real. This man's life is bout to be at danger every single day now. More than it was before this wonderufl day. This is not a joke. This man is the next president of America. Our president. MY president. How bout it.

But let me tell you when I lost it... when Michelle Obama and the kids came out. That man is so in love with his wife it is unbelievable. This is a man. this is a real man who deserves every bit of glory that he got tonight. EVERY bit. He is a regular man with kids, and a wife...a family. A black family, who will be in the White House.

So what do I feel.... freaking AWESOME. How about it!

WE HAVE THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT! ONE OF THE ONLY 2 DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTS IN THE LAST I DONT KNOW 25 YEARS!

Yeah, not to be corny, but I will always remember this day and I just wanted to memorialize it with a post.

No comments: