Friday, November 21, 2008

Can I Get Some Recognition?

I think it is so crazy that Dwele and Er Ro (Eric Roberson) do not get more play than they do. And when I say play, I mean radio play and or other forms of recognition? Both of these guys are very pure tones to their voices and I really enjoy. So I asked one of my friends why this might be, and he said because they are both boring.

Now I don't see them as boring. I see them as soothing. And I like the underbeats so I guess it is not boring for me. But I just don't understand why all music has to fit into some little category. I just feel like there is place in the market for both of these guys...and not the underground R&B market.

I just goes to show, you really gotta conform to whats good in the market or you will be cast as and peripheral character in the scheme of your given genre of music.

No comments: