Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bout to Witness History!

So excitable! A few people from my "black people's group" at the law school are chartering a bus to drive from Austin to DC to see the Inaugaration. Soooo excited. Plane tickets are going at like 700 dollars, so I just gave up all hope of going.... but now oh shoooot! Now I just have to find some place to stay. I still know two people down there, so hopefully I can stay with one of them (although they both live kinda far away (Baltimore and Columbia) and I'm not sure if there is a way of public transit down to DC).

So excited! Even though we can't get into any of the good stuff, just being down there when all that happens is going to be sooooo exciting. Black people are going down there like it is a pilgramage (yes, I know white people are too... just go with me for the sake of argument). My friend and her mom bought tickets and hotel rooms for the election last year, "just in case" according to them.

People are flocking, and yes, I will be one of them. OMG!

No comments: