Saturday, July 19, 2008

Isabella Swan v. Sookie Stackhouse?

Now I'm just saying....

So, for about a year now, I have been in love with the Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris. Basically, the books are about this cocktail waitress from a small Louisiana town who can read minds. Oh yeah, at this point, vampires have been exposed and live together with humans, although most humans dont like them all that much. Anyhoo, so Sookie meets a vampire named Bill and her world gets turned upside down. She basically gets in thralled in the vampire/supernatural world. She relates 2 vampires and were (who are like enemies BTW), her brother marries a were, she finds out she has part fairy... just a whole bunch of ish. Pretty good books in my opinion. So Charlaine Harris has written like 7 of these books and I just finished the last one like 2 weeks ago. I kinda refuse to buy the 8th book from amazon as it as not been in any Barnes and Nobles that I have visited.

Long story short, I heard about the Twilight series from Stephanie Meyers. Yes yes, I know the vampire thing has been played out and Charlaine Harris was def not the first to think of the idea. But for some reason, I kinda feel like Stephanie Meyers read some of Sookie Stackhouse and went from there. Like for real. This is not to say I don't think the book is good. I just got the book yesterday and I'm already around page 200...very good book. But I do think that in my preliminary stages of reading...there are serious similarities (and let me say that I do not mind...did I not say I liked the Sookie book? Why would I not want to read more of it?)

First, Bella is like Sookie...just not dumb and a mindreader. They are both some what outcasts, but for some reason, dudes just seem to love them. But no, they arent interested in these dudes, they are only interested in weird dudes. Oh yeah and they are both insanely clumsy and drawn to accident. Now, I don't really see Edward Cullen as Bill... I see Edward more like Eric. No?

Second, they are both set in little nowhere ass towns where the vamps are like outcasted and are the biggest talk of the town.

Third, this has not been confirmed, but it seems as though Jacob is a were. Bella dreamed he was a were and I think that he is. Now for Sookie, she had so many weres in her life I can't even explain.

And why is there always someone trying to kill these fools? I'm just saying.

Well, I am sure I will have great raves on this when I finish the book, which will prolly be 3 days. (I have to finish 4 books by the third week of August, as I will be forced to put leisure reading off for another 9 months).

No comments: