Thursday, May 08, 2008

T minus 3 and a half hours...

Until my last final is over and I am no longer a 1L. Oh my goodness. This needs to be over as soon as possible.

My advice to the future Class of 2011... well it's not advice really but just something to think about.... Everyone tells you that law school is hard and that it is one of the most stressful things that you will ever go through. Yeah, you have no idea. Everyone can tell you that it is stressful and difficult and emotional, but you will not truly understand how much until you go through it.

August-Oct. 31...they lure you into a false sense of security. You're like...I don't get what everyone is talking about. Yeah, come Nov 1...that'll change. And it's OK. It is what it is.

Also... anyone who says they truly enjoyed law school might have some issues. I don't think you are supposed to enjoy it. Its like a filtering device, just like the LSAT was and just like the Bar will be. In my class of 100... 5 have dropped out. It's rough man. This is not to say that I didn't enjoy myself this year, I met tons of cool people and learned a lot of really interesting things...but the actual school and finals experience is NOT pleasant.

I think it is all worth it in the end...but Class of 2011, please know what you are getting into. I would never try to discourage anyone from going to law school....but all I say is be prepared to feel the dumbest you have ever felt, the smartest you've ever felt, the craziest you've ever felt, the happiest you've ever felt (when you get that 1L job), and the most stressed you've ever felt all in the course of 9 months.

Now, lemme go assault this Civil Procedure test. I don't think Imma quite kill it... but Imma try to assault it pretty badly.

No comments: