Sunday, April 29, 2007

Survivorman v. Man V. Wild

Yeah so I don't understand the show Survivorman. It makes absolutly no sense whatsoever. Why are you going to send some explorer man into random parts of the world and see if he survives. Well actually, I quite like the concept but where I have the issue is that they send this dude of to the middle of nowhere with like 100 pounds of survival equipment and tell him to survive. Wait wait, there's more. Then they will give him some supplies then give him requists on when he can use it and stuff.... yeah. Not getting it. I am pretty sure that if some dude was caught in the middle of the Alaskan Arctic, he would not have 100 pounds of equiptment with him and I am pretty sure that if he had a gun, he would use it to hunt, not just to fend off polar bears.

Which brings me to the point of the post, I absolutly LOVE Man v. Wild. It has the same concept as Survivor man but someone spent more than one hour thinking over the logisitics as to how the show should work. So the main character, Bear Grylls (who is not a bad looking person by the way) gets dropped in remote areas of the world where people often get lost due to hiking or skiing or things of that nature. According to where he is dropped, he will have a few items that most people in that situation would have. Then OTHER people film him in the situation, it is not up to him to carry around 100 pounds of equipment and try to fend off a King Cobra.

I just know I would slap someone if they told me I had to survive the wilderness and tape it too and narrate to people what I'm doing.... not so much the business.

2 comments:

TDJ said...

I'm new to your blog, but damn if we don't think alike. *lmao* My hubby and I had this conversation about a week ago. I think Bear is definitely the better survivor. Plus, his accent makes him so much more mysterious (and comical). We DVR both shows all the time.

Anonymous said...

man vs wild sux havent you read the controversys about these shows. Survivorman is 100% legit he it out there alone and doesnt sleep in a 5 star hotel everynight like bear grylls does. Watch the youtube video about the after show videos they show u that man vs wild is actually closeby major cities.