Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The New Job

So, on the second day of my summer clerkship, I am totally "digging" it. Let's see how I feel about it at the end of 6 weeks. No one made me mad yet, so of course I like it lol.

But in all seriousness. I can TELL that this is the kind of firm that I want to work at permanently. They have a very VERY laid back atmosphere. Meaning there isn't anyone always looking over your GD shoulder and ish. Plus they have a casual dress code, which is awesome. You don't have to come in a suit and stockings in the summer! You know that is freaking awesome. You just have to dress up if you are meeting with a client or during trial, but thats a given.

And they actually give us work. Yes, it is document reviews and memos, but it is interesting. Totally enjoyable.

They also are soo nice. And I know that part of it is the whole "wooing" the summer associate thing, but the attorney's I'm in contact with all genuinely seem like the get along and are easy to get along with. And that is something coming from me, cuz I don't like a whole lot of people. No I'm kidding, only slightly though.

But yes, this is the kind of environment that I would like to work in. First, it is a plaintiff's firm so they aren't fighting for corrupt ass people which is lovely. Second, they are midsized, so there are only about 20 attorney's in the office I am in, and like 30 medical people/legal support staff. And they don't have the whole stuffy law firm crappy feel. Its hot.

Oh yeah, and I get paid son!

No comments: