Monday, October 20, 2008

My Weekends

So apparently I need to go to Sugar Land more often. I drove down there for the past two weekends (my cousin lives down there and my mom went on a cruise that left out of Houston) and it has been the most normal time that I've had since I've been in Austin (besides when my boyfriend comes to visit).

I mean I really had fun and everything felt normal. I went last weekend because as I said, my mom was in Houston because she was going on a cruise and staying with my cousin the day before she left. I haven't seen my mom since August and I missed her so I said I'd drive 2.5 hours to see her. Yeah, best thing I could have done at this point in the game.

I had been super anxious and not at all wanting to be in Austin for about a week. My boyfriend had just visited and left and I felt all kinds of alone in TX. I got to see my favorite cousin-aunts (who were going on the cruise with my mom) and I got to see my cousins. I have a 5 and 3 year old cousins who I used to didnt like very much but they are some cool little kids. If Sugar Land was only an hour, I might go every weekends. Kids can sometimes make everything allll better.

And the drive is freaking awesome. 183 to 71 to 10 to 99... all scenic and stuff. Love it.

No comments: