Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Homesickness Is Back

Man, I had avoided being homesick for like almost a month. First my boyfriend came to visit. Then the next two weekends, I went to see my mom in Houston (long story) and then last week, I was catching up so hard that I didn't have time to be homesick, but yeah. It has hit hard as of late.

First, it starts with food. Yes, I know it sounds silly, but I sooo miss the food. I miss In and Out, The Original Red Onion, Pear Street Bistro, Coriander, Firebowl Cafe, Hunan Villa, King Wah... geez I miss every place. And what makes it bad is that there is nothing comprable here.

Second, then the missing the weather comes on. Although it isn't so bad right now because it is techincally "cold" right now in Austin, but still. I miss wearing jackets and sweaters. I miss the nice cool breeze. I miss driving on 80 and seeing the Bay/Pacific Ocean. Yes, there's Town Lake, but that's a lake. There's a totally different feel to it. Can't explain it.

Third, then I start missing particular things about San Francisco. I don't be missing the city where I actually live, or Berkeley, or Oakland, but I miss San Francisco. I think because when I am bored at home, I just jump on the BART and go to San Francisco and the bordem is gone. I just go to that Westfield Mall, or the Macy's or Niketown, or take the F "cable car" to the piers, bike the Golden Gate Bridge (yes, those among things that I regularly do when I get bored at home). When my boyfriend came, we rented bikes and a kayak and did some cool things, but it was just not that same. I even miss...Walnut Creek... why Walnut Creek? I have NO idea. I don't even live there.

And finally (not necessarily because they are least important), I start missing my parents. So I hear that people need human contact to feel normal. I equate this to mean that people need to be touched and stuff. Being that I only let my parents and boyfriend huh me, this is kinda a problem huh. It's just wierd cuz my parents are like my best buddies, and even though I talk to my parents every day (except two weeks ago when my mom went on a cruise, which was torture) it's not the same because all I really want right now is a hug.... awwwwwww.

And what makes it even worse, Thanksgiving decided that it darn near needed to be in Decemeber this year, so I can't even go home for Thanksgiving. Sooooo upsetable about that one. But it doesnt make sense for me to go home for 3 days and pay gross amounts of money, to have to come back to Austin and then go BACK home in 14 days. Unfortunatly I am not quiiite balling like that.

But it's OK, I just needed to vent. Vent over, on to Crim. Pro.

No comments: