Sunday, September 07, 2008

My Thoughts On TrueBlood

So I was really really anticipating this as everyone knows I love, "The Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries". So I went to Blockbuster and they had the first episode available for preview. So of course I get it. So I watched it and I'm happy and very disappointed all at the same time.

It was just too much sex. It really wasn't that much, but it's like... this isn't Anita Blake. There wasn't that much graphicness of the sex in the book... so why did they have to overdo it in the movie? I'm just saying. I know it is HBO and they kinda had to sell the series to more than just vamp readers...but still. I was actually turned off. So I guess that means I will be more happy with Twilight then huh?

I'm just saying, they coulda done the sex scenes with a little more class. Just because it was on HBO doesn't mean I'm tryna see all that.

But overall... I'm pretty happy. They got the plot. SO surprised they made Tara black. Love that! Her and Lafayette were the best part. "I don't give a good got damn". YES!

And we all know Sookie was supposed to be on the chonkay side. Why is she a size 4? Just saying.

Overall, I enjoyed beside the gratuitious sex parts. I will watch next week just to see if they tone it down. If they don't, Imma have to watch the rated version. Two thumbs up though.

No comments: